Monday, May 12, 2008

She Is The Business... Joanna Newsom

"Even mollusks have weddings, though solemn and leaden,
But you dirge for the dead, and take no jam on your bread,
Just a supper of salt and a waltz through your empty bed"

These words could only come from the mouth of one Joanna Newsom. This girl has spoken some of the most beautiful words grouped together to create the most meaningful song I have ever heard. When listening to her songs it feels like you are listening to the most awe-inspiring story that has ever been uttered. Wether the song is 4 minutes or 16 minutes, you just get swept up in the fanciful details and soon it seems that you are living out the mystical and idiosyncratic scenario.

This indie artist is unlike any writer, singer or woman that has come before her. Her clothing choices mirrors her songs. They are whimsical and unparalleled. Her outfits are not loud or obnoxious, instead they are dauntless yet soft and darling. She is true to herself, wearing clothing that complements her mystical and almost fairy-like breathtaking features.

Photobucket
"And some great bellies ache with many bumblebees and they sting so terribly..."

Photobucket
"The meteorite is the source of the light,
And the meteor's just what we see,
And the meteoroid is a stone that's devoid of the fire that propelled it to thee..."

Photobucket
"Scrape your knee; it is only skin,
makes the sound of violins,
when you cut my hair, and leave the birds the trimmings,
I am the happiest woman among all women..."

Photobucket
"And even when you run through my mind
Something else is in front, oh, you're behind..."

Photobucket
"Then the furthermost shake drove a murdering stake in,
and cleft me right down through my center,
and I shouldn't say so, but I know that it was then, or never..."

Photobucket
"I killed my dinner with karate
Kick 'em in the face, taste the body
Shallow work is the work that I do..."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A very lovely tribute to a wonderful young woman!

Eyeliah said...

She has fabulous style.